Enjoy a self-guided evening stroll in the outdoors through the trails and beaches of Blowing Rocks Preserve to collect debris that has been washed ashore or left behind. Your contribution helps to beautify our beaches and prevent wildlife disasters. Volunteers will be instructed by preserve staff upon arrival and given collection supplies.
Prepare to spend the evening in the sun walking on uneven terrain, and keep in mind your feet always have the potential to get wet. Don’t forget to pack plenty of reusable water bottles to stay hydrated!
FREE family-friendly volunteer opportunity! Light to moderate physical activity. *Recommended ages 6+ and all youth under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
To ensure the safety of volunteers, staff, and the community, the following COVID-19 related measures have been implemented:
- Social distancing must be observed at all times
- All participants must sign a volunteer liability e-waiver prior to arrival. (form will be provided)
- Staggered check-in and check-out line.
- All supplies will be sanitized prior to and immediately following the cleanup.
- Cleanups will take place after hours when the preserve has closed to the public.
We highly recommend bringing your own face mask, reusable work gloves, and supply of hand sanitizer, however back-ups will be available if needed.